Monday, November 13, 2006

PET EXPO 2006

Oh boy, a PetExpo is exhausting. We went there for 2 days, from early in the morning til it was dinnertime. On Saturday there were lots of Psychos: Rosie & Kaos, Molly & Connor, Missy & Rascal, Chloe & Mocha, Pjevs, Abbey & Co Co (& me), and we were all wearing our Suppawters jumpers in different colours.
The Flyball was in a big building, and to get there you had to be Brave and walk through crowds and crowds of people looking at dogs sitting on tables. We never sit on tables and I never saw those table-dogs doing Flyball. I wonder what they do for fun?

Sometimes on the Brave walk there were so many people my mum and I had to stand still and wait for a gap. And sometimes we had to stand still so people I didn’t know could take a photo of me or pat me. At first it made me shake but by the end of 2 days so many strangers had patted me that I didn’t really care any more.

After the Brave walk, I was happy to go into the Flyball ring where there was a bit more room, and where I knew what would happen would be Team Ready, Watch the Lights, and then everyone so excited about having their turn.There’s always a surprise at Flyball. This time the surprise was that Abbey and Kaos raced in a Team, and they didn’t have any Blonde Moments or do anything Delinquent, they just raced as fast as they could so their Team could win lots of races.

Co Co and I had some turns going Over 4 hurdles back to our mums. On Saturday Alex took me to the Box and first I got a shock because there was a funny carpet under the Box instead of grass. Alex told me it would be OK if I went Over to my Mum. Ian looked like he was eating a big black thing that made his voice really really loud and I heard him say my name and my mum’s name when I was doing the Overs and I thought about stopping but then I thought I should just get back to my Mum and when I got there all the people who were watching clapped and cheered. My mum says you can watch a video of me doing my Overs on SydneyPsychos website.

I had more turns doing Overs on Sunday, when there weren’t so many Psychos: just Missy and Chloe and Rosie and Kaos and me. Because there weren’t many of us, it was a busy day with millions of Brave walks and photos and patting and heaps of children with those evil balloons. They look like a big soccer ball hanging in the air. They look like fun until they suddenly disappear and make the scariest thunder sound.

When I did the Sunday Overs it was Linda who took me to the Box and this time I knew about the funny carpet so I started right back at the beginning. Ian was eating his black loud thing again and I heard him tell a long story about me and my mum. He told about the awful people who hurt me before my mum found me and he told about my mum and Flyball helping me to be Brave.

I did my Overs carefully and I wasn’t a Delinquent and my Mum kissed me and all the people clapped and cheered again. And Jenny and Linda and Susan and Ian all told me I was a Good Girl, a Darling Ebbi. Ian gave me some cheese and I sat on his lap and kissed his ear.

The PetExpo was like all my Flyball Adventures: some scary things but so much fun that it gives you good dreams and makes you want to go again. And we will! Next time we’re going to UnderSouthernStars, my first competition at night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi

Anonymous said...

just saying hi from one dog to another