Tuesday, November 21, 2006

KAMIKAZE KELPIE

I couldn’t do my Flyball blog on Sunday after training because we went to my Nonna’s house to get Beazli and I had to chase the chickens and then the naughty little white pussycat chased me and scratched my nose and swiped my tail.

And I couldn’t do my blog yesterday because Alex came to our house with Molly and Connor and then we all went for a walk at a new place called GlebePoint and lots of things happened and I got very tired.

One of things that happened was when Molly and I ran up to scare away a big dog we didn’t know and that big dog turned around and barked at me with his big teeth. The only thing I could do was jump off a huge cliff into the water we had been swimming in. It took a long time to get to the water because it was so far down, and then I had to swim back and climb up the cliff over sharp rocks and when I got to the top it seemed like I was just hanging on by my fingerclaws and I might fall down again but I didn’t.

My mum and Alex and the two ladies with the big dog were laughing (but my mum was shaking) and one lady said ‘what is that dog, a Kelpie cross MountainGoat, I’ve never seen anything like it’.

My mum put me on my lead after that but we did find another place for really good swimming in SydneyHarbour only there was no need to jump off any cliff we just went down some stairs.

Flyball was really good on Sunday because of two things: Beazli didn’t come and we had the pool because it was very very hot. I love the pool, the first time I ever had fun at Flyball was the first day we had the pool and I played with Abbey wrestling in the water.

Beazli didn’t come because Dr Janet at LivingstoneRoadVet told my mum he has a very sore back, that’s why he can’t do Overs very well and why he yelps sometimes when he goes Around. Dr Janet told my mum ‘his Flyball career is over’.

I’m happy if he doesn’t do Flyball because I like to have my mum’s attention all the time. And on Sunday she paid me lots of attention, so I did good Overs and I was nice to all the dogs and I did Away from mum, Over 4, Around-on-the-Box-Catch-the-Ball, and back Over to mum and made her happy.There's a video of me doing it

Once she had had enough happiness I thought it was time to do some good chasing – the boys playing soccer, little Mocha, the new dog Billy. But for the first time ever my mum told me ‘No’ in a loud voice when I did that chasing. She turned her back on me after she said ‘No’ and I had to run to her to make sure she still loves me and she does, she told me ‘Good Come’, but she still said ‘No’ the next time I ran away.

I’ll have to think about that a bit. My mum says I should talk to Abbey, and Kaos, and Zeus, who can all do proper racing now without running away and chasing all the interesting things that happen in the training park. Sometimes I want to do that, I want to do ‘Team Ready, Watch the Lights’, and sometimes I just want to chase. My mum and Lisa and Alex shook their heads a lot on Sunday, talking about my ‘shortattentionspan’ whatever that is. They say they can’t work me out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Beazli! My sister Dakota has a bad back, too. She can't even go upstairs anymore.

Sounds like you had a fun day!