Sunday, February 18, 2007

LUDDENHAM LOONIES

We're getting ready to go to Flyball today, and that makes 2 days in a row because we did a Demonstration at the LuddenhamShow yesterday.

It was kind of like a competition but there weren't any other Teams, and kind of like the SydneyRoyalEasterShow only smaller. There were lots and lots of horses (they are like ginormous dogs and I remembered them from the SydneyRoyalEasterShow) except at the LuddenhamShow there were people sitting on top of the horses! They kept coming close to where our Team was sitting between the ice-cream truck and the popcorn van, and every time they came close I had to bark and so did Kaos and even Beazli barked because he says he has never seen people sitting on top of horses either.

We sat in our spot for a long time while all sorts of people and kids came to talk to us and I let some of the kids pat me. Kaos kept trying to go into the popcorn van and Beazli tried to take my mum's pear and he kept asking every stranger if they would give him some food. He puts his foot up and looks sad at people but it's hard for him to pretend that he's really hungry because he's not what you would call skinny. (Not like me.)

After a long time waiting we finally got to do our Demonstration and we had to walk with our Team Sydney Psychos out into the middle where all the horses used to be. There was tons of horse poo and Kaos and Zeus tried to eat some. My mum tied me and Beazli to our Psycho Slammer which is a special tie down stake, near a little bridge in the middle. Straight away me and Beazli went up on the litte bridge so we could see everything, all the people watching and all the racing and my mum doing Boxloading.

Everyone was a bit excited because we had waited so long and there was some running away and crossing over and missing Overs before there was a good race. I could see my mum laughing.

Soon it was time for the Beginners to do Overs back from the Box and Mocha had a turn but he just did Run Along the Side and Rascal had a turn but she just did Run Along the Side and then I had a turn and I did all my Overs as fast as anything and you should have seen my mum she was so happy that when she asked me to do it again I did it faster than before and Alex came over specially to tell me I am an Ebbi Darling.

Then there were some more races and even though I was tied to my Psycho Slammer I did get into a little bit of trouble because over on the other side of the bridge there was a place where people were riding animals that looked a bit like really fat horses, except with sharp things on their heads and they jumped around and tried to make the people fall off. I was frightened of them and I told them in my loudest bark not to get outside their fence and come near our Flyball. But my mum yelled No Ebbi so I stopped barking and just kept my eye on them for the rest of the time. Well, I did bark a couple more times but I definitely stopped every time my mum said No Ebbi. Later my mum told me and Beazli that those big fat horses were called bulls. They are boy cows and they don't like people sitting on top of them. But my mum said the horses do like it and I believe her because I didn't see one horse jump around in a naughty way to make its person fall off.

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Hey Ebbi,

We drove past the Luddenham Show yesterday - we should have stopped by and said hello :-)

Love
Opy