Wednesday, October 25, 2006

PRACTISE WITH MOLLY & CONNOR

Another practise day with Alex and Molly and Connor, but today we went to a new park because there were kids playing cricket in white-fence-park.
It took a long time to set everything up. First it rained a little bit, then there was some thunder. Molly was so scared she jumped into our Berlingo with Beazli and me! Connor didn’t care, he just sat outside looking around while my mum and Alex drank coffee.
Boy they drink a lot of coffee. I tried to taste it once but my mum stopped me real fast, and she said ‘the last thing a hyperactive little girl like you needs is coffee’. I wonder if hyperactive means anything like a Clever Perfect Girl?
I was really excited by the time the rain and the thunder and the coffee and the carrying everything down the hill was over and we were ready to start. I had the first go, and my mum wanted me to do the Full Run (you know, Away from mum, Over 4 hurdles, Around-on-the-box-catch-the-ball and bring the ball back Over all 4 hurdles to mum). I went Over real fast but after I caught the ball and turned Around I saw Molly barking at me from a long way away and I had to run to her with the ball in my mouth.
The next time I had to run to Connor and bark at Beazli along the way. After that I just ran to my house. So my mum and Alex gave Molly a turn, and then Connor a turn, and then I couldn’t believe it, they gave Beazli a turn too! Just like on Sunday, at proper Flyball! Is he going to keep learning Flyball all the time? I don’t really like my mum giving Beazli so much attention.
(Beazli: mmmmm today’s Overs were delicious – they involved Sliced Ham, which is one of my favourites. I love that slightly salty flavour, quite different from the Roast Beef we were tasting on Sunday. I was very willing to go Over for Sliced Ham, especially the first couple of times, before my hips started to get tired).
When it was my turn again, we started at Over, Around-on-the-box-catch-the-ball and bring the ball back Over 1, then 2, then 3 and then I did a Full Run – that’s the Perfect Clever Girl thing I can do. Then I did another Full Run, and then next time I got the ball I thought I heard a mouse in the bushes near us and I quickly went to check but there was no mouse so I went back to the Box and then Over all 4 hurdles back to my mum.
Then Molly and Connor (and Beazli again!) had another turn, and then I did some more Full Runs and most of them were Perfect Clever Girl runs. I only had a couple of blonde moments, honestly.
When we got home my mum told me I have to be a Perfect Clever Girl at training on Sunday to show Ian I can do Full Runs. We’ll see.

No comments: