Thursday, October 19, 2006

PROGRESS?

Molly and Connor and Beazli and I went to white fence park for flyball practice yesterday. It was very hot and very windy and there was a great big truck in the park mowing the lawn. When it was my first turn I couldn't concentrate because of the wind and the man from the truck watching me, so I didn't do proper Overs, I just kept running back to my house.
But after watching mum do fun flyball things with Connor instead of me, and then asking Beazli to do Overs and Arounds instead of me, I thought it would be better to go Over 4 hurdles back to mum.
Then Alex got the tennis ball and put it in the box, and I went Around and popped that ball right out of the box and caught it in my mouth and went back to mum.
She had Connor's squeaky beer bottle and she let me squeak it and tug it, that was fun.
So next time I went Over and Around and popped the ball and went back Over and grabbed that beer bottle right out of my mum's hand.
And then I went Over 2 hurdles and Around, and then 3 hurdles and Around, and then 4 hurdles and Around, and each time I brought the tennis ball back to my mum she let me squeak Connor's beer bottle and hugged me and kissed me.
I only stopped because I was thirsty because it was still so hot.
We played good soccer at the end. Later in the day Beazli and I had a long swim in the pool at home. Flyball is a bit hard when it's so hot even though it's still fun, but swimming is great, you get cool and tired and then you can have a lovely bone.

No comments: