Monday, October 30, 2006

A VERY NAUGHTY DAY

My mum has 3 sisters and I know them all but I know Debbie the best. I went to her house and played with the Cousins after the BoorowaIrishFlyballFling. The sister called Jackie has been to my house once (my mum said she lives a long way away in Perth) and the sister called Marianne came to my house from the long way away called Brisbane when my mum was in hospital after she broke her wrist that awful day at Flyball.

(the lady with the blonde hair is the sister Marianne. She's standing next to my mum in the sunglasses.)
I was frightened of Marianne when my mum was in the hospital but I felt happy to see her when she came this time. She likes to play throw the squeaky toy and throw the jingle bells a real lot, so we had lots of fun on Friday night and on Saturday night and on Sunday morning.

Marianne taught me a new thing to do, when she makes a shape with her hand she wants me to bark loud! Usually my mum doesn’t want me to bark loud, she tells me ‘Quiet’ if I bark at the man next door.

I was excited when we all went to Flyball yesterday, me and my mum and the sister Marianne and Beazli. But when we got there I didn’t want to do Flyball, I just wanted to play with my friends and with Marianne.

Mum asked me to do 8 Overs but I only did 1 and then ran down the side. She asked again and I only did 1 and then ran down the side. She asked me to do 6 Overs and I only did 1 before I saw Abbey and went to play with her.

That time my mum took me quietly and didn’t even put me in my house she put me in the Berlingo all by myself. I looked out the window and I saw my mum take Beazli to do some Overs. He’ll do anything for food. He did all the Overs my mum asked him to.

(Beazli: Moist balls of lightly steamed beef and vegetables coated in coconut were on the menu today. Very tender, delicious aroma, melt in the mouth, a wonderful treat. As soon as I realised what mum had in her bumbag I was more than willing to do 2 Overs, 3 Overs, 4 Overs. I put on a bit of speed, too, for a dog of my years, I can tell you.)

When my mum got me out of the Berlingo and back to do Overs it was with Alex, instead of Ian, on the box. We started at 5 and I did them, then we tried 6 and I did them, but when my mum asked for 7 I saw Marianne and went to play with her instead, I thought she might want to play that barking game.

I couldn’t believe it, my mum put me in the Berlingo again, and did more Overs with Beazli, instead of me.

That’s what happened all day. I spent a lot of the day in the Berlingo. It wasn’t much fun. The only fun I had was running away when my mum and Lisa asked me to go Around for the ball on the Box. I had a look at the Box but I didn’t feel like getting the ball, I felt like chasing the boys I could see on the other side of the park. I chased the boys, I ran to Marianne, I chased the new dog Billy, I barked at Alex, I put myself in my house, and still my mum put me in the Berlingo!

She didn’t call me a Perfect Clever Girl once yesterday at Flyball. She told me I had a Very Naughty Day.

(Beazli:I don't know what she's complaining about. It was a wonderful day, I had so many delicious coconut coated beef balls, I can strongly recommend them, they really were worth the effort of a few Overs and a few turns Around the pole. But the best part of the day was enjoying Pjev's & Rosie's birthday cake, without having to do any activities at all. It was a sublime carrot cake, not too sweet, and I was fortunate that I was able to eat Ebbi's portion as well as my own. She always turns her nose up at cake, silly thing.)

No comments: