Tuesday, March 27, 2007

OUT THERE IN ORANGE

Beazli didn't come with us to the OrangeRunningoftheBalls because his sore back got much worse and it's really hard for him to walk - he keeps falling over. So he stayed at Dr Janet's Vet while my mum and me went to the Competition with my Team. The first night was different from other Competitions because I had to sleep in my house all night, and my Team slept in their cars instead of in the same place with us.
And the Competition Day was different too because I missed my little Flyball friend Rascal and it was the coldest coldest coldest coldest day I had ever had in my whole life. I was shivering so much from being cold that Jenni felt sorry for me and lent me one of Missy's warm coats.Later my mum bought me my own snuggly purple coat that fitted me properly and it's the right colour too.I wore my snuggly coat all day except for Racing with my Team - everyone took their coats off for Racing. But I didn't really do Racing with my Team, I got too scared of the new awful noise the Watch the Lights was making and I just wanted to run away all day from the noise and from that Judge man Trent who kept looking at me all the time. My mum and my Team kept asking me to do a Full Run but I couldn't do it, it's different from training with everyone watching and shouting and I hated those noises and finally my mum just let me sleep in my house where I feel safe from everything scary.

Digger is Braver than me, this was his first Competition where he did proper Racing with his Team and he got enough points to be called Flyball Dog Digger now.And Missy got a new name too, she's called Flyball Master Excellent Missy because she's been so fast in so many races. Missy was the start dog in my Team, and the other dogs in my Team were Molly and Rosie and Kaos. That Team was called Sydney Psychos and we came first and got a nice white ribbon and lots of prizes. I like going to get my ribbon, I've done that before lots of times and I'm not scared of it any more.I was happy when that Competition day was over and we could have proper playtime with all my Team, and dinner with Molly and Connor, and then go to sleep in my house until morning playtime again.

We had more adventures on the way home from Orange, first when we had coffee somewhere and my mum told Alex she was too tired to drive home, so she climbed in the back of the Berlingo with me and we snuggled up on all the pillows and had a nap. And then after driving a while we found Alex on the side of the road with Ian and Sandi and Alex's car wouldn't go so everyone sat around for the longest time until a man came with a big truck and he put Alex's car on top of it and our Psychos trailer behind it.Molly and Connor and Alex had to come in the Berlingo with us to get home, because Alex's car had to say at Lithgow for the man to fix it.
We had to get my Beazli before we could come all the way home and he was crying while he told me he missed me and my mum and he doesn't really like having to wear little boots even though they help him walk better. It was 9 o'clock in the night time before we could all go to bed in our own house and rest after a big weekend out there in Orange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mum went to your house and came home with lots of ideas. Im not sure yet if I am happy with her going there anymore. She keeps talking about you and Connor and telling me I would like to go there but when I tell her loudly we should go now go now in the car she says ssssshh. One of her ideas is that I dont pull very hard on my leash and take her for a walk. I dont know why she wants me to walk small next to her legs but she does now.