Monday, January 22, 2007

42 DEGREES AND HOT HOT HOT

I think yesterday was the hottest Flyball day ever in Sydney. It was so hot that even my Flyball friends who are never Delinquent were running away from their mums and dads to jump in our little pool. It was so hot that we all went into the little pool so many times that it almost turned into mud. It was so hot that Beazli pulled his special stake out of the ground and jumped into the pool, even with his sore back and his stake attached.

My mum kept hosing herself all over, she said it was the only way to cope with the hot sun and the hot wind. Everyone kept stopping Flyball training to have a drink and a meeting. They usually only have one meeting but yesterday they had about 4, standing in the shade and talking.

When it was my turn I tried to run away to the pool but you guessed it, Ian put me on my back and stared at me so I just did all my 8 Overs a couple of times and then my mum let me in the pool and I was very very glad she did.

When it was time to do Over, Around and Over my mum put me on my back as soon as I was a Delinquent, so I made sure I was a Good Girl cause I really wanted to go in that pool, even though it was starting to turn into mud.

Later Alex put me on my back once when I chased CoCo instead of the ball, but mostly I did what I was told because it was just so hot and I hate going on my back.

My mum told me she loves me and she thought I was quite a Good Girl because I am black and that means I get very hot. We didn’t go straight home from Flyball, Alex took us to see Dr Janet at Livingstone Road Vet because Beazli’s sore back and sore leg have been much worse. He keeps falling over, sort of losing his balance on one leg. I was happy to see Dr Janet and Jack, I know them know because they came to the scary Christmas Party where I had to be very Brave when there lots of strangers in my house. I told you about it before, that was the night I sat on Ian’s lap, before he started putting me on my back at Flyball.

Beazli was happy to see Dr Janet too, and he has to visit her again on Tuesday to have an X-Ray, whatever that is. He thinks it will be something delicious to eat, because they give you yummy liver treats at Livingstone Road Vet

It’s pretty hot again today and I’m hoping I can push my soccer ball around my own big pool soon. I hope it’s not this hot on Friday at the ParramattaAustraliaDayCompetition.

No comments: