Thursday, January 25, 2007

MY BEAZLI'S BIG HEART

Today was like the other day, we went to the Livingstone Road Vet again and left my Beazli there for a while. When we picked him up he wasn't as wobbly as the other day but he was sad and he howled again and told me that a man made him lie down while he did something to him with a machine.

My mum is very sad now. She told me that my Beazli has a very big heart, that sounds good but it isn't really, it's big because it isn't working properly and he has to take lots of medicine and can't have an 'Operation' to fix his sore back.

I heard Dr Janet say that Beazli shouldn't go swimming any more or go for walks or go up and down the stairs! We live in a house with gazillions of stairs and you can't even get in without going up or down some stairs!

When we got home my mum cuddled me and Beazli and said to him, 'I want you to be very happy every day that you are with me, and swimming makes you happy and going for walks with Alex and Molly and Connor makes you happy and going to watch Flyball makes you happy. And no matter what we do we can't fix your heart, you would need a heart transplant to have your heart fixed. So my darling Beazli, although it would make me happy if you stayed with me longer, what we are going to do is make you happy instead. You are going to do all the things that you want to, even if they are bad for your heart. You are going to be a happy dog for a little while, instead of a sad dog for a little bit longer. What do you think about that?'

And Beazli wagged his tail because he loves being called 'Darling' and so do I.

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Big hugs to Beazli - and to you and your family. Make each day a happy one, and make each day count.

Thinking of you.

Love
Opy