Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Friday 30/06/06
Without any warning today my mum put my Flyball harness on me, picked up our Flyball bag, and drove to a park where Alex and Molly and Connor were already waiting for us.
It was a bit squashy in the Berlingo on the way because there was a Box, and hurdles, and my house all in the back as well as me. All the way I was hoping we were going to do proper Flyball and I wasn’t disappointed.
While Alex and mum messed around setting things up Molly and Connor and me played with a Frisbee. Connor has a brown squeaky bottle that he really likes and he had that in his mouth too.
I had the first turn, running back from the Box, going Over 4 hurdles to my mum and my jingle bells. Then Connor had a turn and then Molly and then it was my turn again. This time Alex showed me a tennis ball and put it in the Box and we did Around getting the tennis ball. Then my mum took me behind a hurdle and I went Over, Around, got the ball and went back Over to mum with the tennis ball. Boy were they excited!
Then mum took me behind 2 hurdles, then 3 and then 4. I went Over all 4 hurdles and got the tennis ball and went back Over all 4 again as fast as I could. Mum and Alex squealed and cuddled me and laughed and let me Catch and asked me if I wanted to do it again and I did so we did it again. And they both laughed and cuddled me and told me I was a good girl and then we did it again. The fourth time I still wanted to do it but I hit my leg on the last hurdle and that hurt a little bit so I stopped. Mum and Alex both cuddled me and thought I should have a rest and I agreed so I ran back to my house all by myself and jumped in so I could get a drink and lie down for a while.
From inside my house I watched my mum played with Connor, asking him if he was ready, ready, ready and I saw him go Over 4 hurdles, Around and back Over to mum. And then it was Molly’s turn and she did it for my mum too. I barked and barked while they were doing it, getting myself all worked up.
When it was my turn again I thought I would see if Alex and mum got so excited if I went Over 1 hurdle and missed the rest but they didn’t seem to like it. They didn’t make a sound which wasn’t much fun so I barked at Alex. She just looked the other way so I did 2 hurdles properly and then it started to rain a little bit. Mum and Alex decided to pack up and while they were doing that Molly and Connor and I played with the jingle bells and the frisbee.
I love those Flyball friends. I love Flyball.

No comments: