Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sunday 21/05/06
We got to Flyball late today because first my mum took me to a big shop where there were dogs inside and lots of dog toys and food that smelled good. Instead of letting me play with the dogs, or smell the food, she took me to a part in the shop where there just lots of horrid dog houses.
She made me get in and out of different houses and I hated all of them. Finally she let me go back in the Berlingo and I thought I had escaped but no such luck. The shop man put a hard grey house in the Berlingo too, and all they way to Flyball I just knew mum would make me go in it when we got there.
And sure enough, that’s what happened. What’s even worse, I couldn’t get out of this house. It’s made of hard stuff, even the front part that you can see out of. And there is no zippy thing that you can open from the inside.
So when mum got me out of the house I thought that if I was a really, really, good girl and did everything she wanted, she might not make me go back in there.
I went Over every time she asked me to. I even went Around that stupid pole a couple of times. But she still put me back in the house.
The next time it was my turn I went Over 8 hurdles really fast, 5 times. Then my mum showed me a new thing - going Around on a big black Box. She sat down and told me to go Around and when I did it I was allowed to play with my jingle bells, my favourite toy. And then she asked me to go Over, Around and Over back to her for the jingle bells and that was great fun. Much more fun than that silly pole. So I kept doing it because mum thought it was fun too, and was really, really happy with me.
She still put me back in the house at the end of my turn, but at least I was allowed to get out for a long playtime.

No comments: