Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sunday 16/04/06
What a day! Mum got me up really early in the morning and packed all our Flyball things but instead of going up the stairs to the Berlingo we went down the stairs as if we were going on a river walk.
But then you’ll never believe it instead of going for a walk she opened the back door of that black car that lives downstairs and put me inside a little red house inside the car! I didn’t want to go in there but I had no choice. We drove for a long time before she stopped and got me and all the Flyball things (and that awful red house) out of the car again.
Then we went for a long long walk, on a road with no rivers and no grass, it was really boring, until we went through a gate and suddenly we were in a place where there were these HUGE dogs that didn’t smell right and didn’t bark, all walking around making funny noises with their feet. My mum told me they were horses and though I was relieved to learn they weren’t dogs I was still scared of them.
Then just when I got used to the horses we passed some new huge creatures that didn’t look like horses and didn’t look like dogs. My mum told me they were cows and boy was I glad to get away from them.
But we weren’t safe yet. We kept walking and met more and more and more people – more people than I had ever seen before, some wearing big strange things on their heads, some carrying giant floating balls, some walking on tall sticks. They were all laughing and talking and walking fast, and there were too many of them and for a while I wasn’t happy that mum brought me to this place.
I thought about slipping out of my harness and running away but I knew I would have to go back past those cows and horses to find my way to the car. I sure didn’t want to meet them on my own so I just stayed with mum and I’m glad that I did because she suddenly found all my Flyball friends in a new park! Everyone was there! I was so glad to see them in this strange place I almost wet myself with excitement. All my Flyball friends were all in their own little houses so when mum made my red house I went inside and talked to Abbey through the window.
After a while mum got me out and showed me around. There where there absolutely millions of other dogs and mums and dads in this new park. They all had little houses and when they weren’t resting in them they were playing Flyball. But not just any old Flyball - a big competition called the Sydney Royal Easter Show. I was allowed to watch some of the races from outside the fence. I could hear all my friends barking with excitement when it was their turn. When they came back to their houses they were exhausted from racing. Pjevs ran so fast he hurt his leg and everyone got upset for a while until he felt better.
We didn’t stay at the Sydney Royal Easter Show all day like everyone else because we had to go to Nonna’s and see the chickens. I really like seeing the chickens (not as much as Flyball). But Nonna has good things to eat so it was a good way to end the day.

No comments: