Sunday, July 09, 2006

MEASURE UP, ROUND UP

We arrived at Flyball early today, before everyone else except for Jessie and her dad. I've got a soccer ball of my own now and I tried to show Jessie how to play soccer, how to punch the ball with her nose. She wouldn't do it, no matter how many times I showed her. Instead she kept chasing me, going round me in circles, sometimes swooping in really close, sometimes doing little barks at me.
It's the same with Rosie and Missy and Digger at playtime, except Digger keeps wanting to sniff my bottom as well. Mum says its because Rosie and Missy and Digger and Jessie are all border collies and they like to pretend I'm a sheep. I don't know what a sheep is. Maybe it's like the cows and horses I saw at the Sydney Royal Easter Show.
After a long time of trying to show Jessie about soccer I just got sick of all the rounding up and ran away and jumped in my house. Jessie couldn't round me up in there so it was a good place to hide.
And my house is a good place to rest too, in between all the Overs and Arounds I do at Flyball. I did lots of stuff today, Over 4 hurdles, Over 8, Over 2 and Around and Over 2.
Elaine came with Phoebe and Taffy - she hasn't been to Flyball for ages- and she saw me and couldn't believe her eyes that I can do all these things, and that I go back to my mum now when she calls me. She told my mum she can remember when I used to spend the whole time at Flyball just barking and spinning on my harness.
I was hungry today, so every time I did something good mum gave some chicken or some bacon. For the longest time she made me sit in front of the Box while she hit it and made tennis balls pop out and then gave me chicken. I didn't have to do anything except be Brave. We do Brave at home all the time. That means going close to any of the shiny silver things I'm scared of, like the thing that blows out warm air and the noisy sucking thing and the chair with silver legs. All those shiny silver things remind me of something really awful that happened to me before I came to live with my mum and dad and Beazli.
After I did some of those strange Overs with Pjevs (the ones where he jumps Over towards me - they're called Cross Overs), Alex came near me with a REALLY scary shiny silver thing, a big silver stick. She tried to put it close to me and I was so scared I just laid down and closed my eyes and shivered, hoping it would go away.
When I peeked it was still there, and I was so glad mum let me go in my house, away from the silver stick. Alex brought Connor over and then she picked up the stick and for a minute I thought she was going to hit him with it. He just stood there (he's very Brave) and let Alex stand the stick next to him and slide a part of it up and down until it touched him. He didn't seem to mind, but I was still glad when they took that silver stick away.
I had the best playtime again, mainly with Pjevs and Chloe and Abbey, but sometimes Kaos and Rosie and Phoebe and Taffy joined in too, and Beazli came at the end when my dad came to pick us up.
Pjevs and Chloe like to chase my jingle bells. Abbey likes to chase Pjevs. My mum and Jamie just laugh and laugh at Abbey rounding up Pjevs, pretending he's a sheep. What I don't understand is that Abbey is not a border collie, she's a kelpie like me, except that I am a kelpie cross. How come Abbey likes to pretend about sheep, like the border collies? Maybe one day I'll get to see a sheep and then I'll understand.

No comments: