Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Saturday 17/12/05
Today my mum took me to the Christmas Party Park on my own in the Berlingo. We played with the jingle bells for a while and then she wanted to go. I didn’t. So I just ran away from her and looked at things near the fence.
She kept calling me, but I kept running away because I was having fun looking at things, smelling the ground, making her chase me. I didn’t want to go home so early.
Then she called out ‘Flyball!’ and that got my attention, I went to her straight away. Why didn’t she tell me we were going to Flyball? I jumped into the Berlingo as quickly as I could, and then for a while I thought she had just tricked me because she didn’t drive to Flyball park. We went to another new park where there were lots of small people - they’re called ‘children’ - all hopping up and down and squealing.
Lucky for me all my Flyball friends were there too, otherwise I might have tried to run away. My Flyball friends were doing a ‘demonstration’, which meant they got dressed up in strange costumes before they played Flyball. While they were playing my mum made me go inside Missy’s little house because mum had to do ‘Box-loading’. Later she told me she was very nervous because she’d never done it before, and all the dogs run so fast she made some mistakes. Rosie gave mum a filthy look when she put the ball on the wrong side!
After the demonstration was over my mum and her friend Debra took me on the lead for a walk to a place called The Wharf Woolloomoolloo. They had a cup of coffee while I just watched heaps of people walking in the sun, dreaming of the day when I can be in a Flyball demonstration.

No comments: